My current project is to write ten brief yoga sequences. Each sequence can be done in 15-20 minutes, and each sequence follows a different theme. Today’s Core sequence includes many poses that work the abs, chest, and back to stretch and strengthen this key region.
- child’s pose
- tabletop side stretch/thread the needle (if desired)
- dolphin pose
- dolphin plank
- feel free to move back and forth between dolphin and dolphin plank several times to really feel the effects of these poses!
- downward dog
- plank pose (hold here for five breaths!)
- move through a vinyasa and back to downward dog
- crow pose
- seated twist (any type)
- boat pose
- happy baby
- bridge pose
- shoulderstand (optional; omit it if you choose)
- brief savasana
To see other posts in this series of short yoga routines, click here.