My current project is to write ten brief yoga sequences (I’m over halfway there!). Each sequence can be done in 15-20 minutes, and each sequence follows a different theme. Today’s sequence, Morning Energy Burst!, loosens up the body and gets the blood flowing with some sun salutations – perfect for your sunrise practice! Take your time and match each movement in the sun salutation to a long, deep, even breath, and hold the lunges for at least five breaths on each side. A great way to start the day!
- begin standing in mountain pose
- 2 half salutes
- one sun salutation with low lunges
- one sun salutation with high lunges
- 2-4 basic sun salutations
- mountain pose
- toe balance squat
- camel pose
- seated neck rolls
- seated side stretches
- three deep breaths with hands folded at heart’s center
To see other posts in this series of short yoga routines, click here.